Saturday, July 6, 2013

New Format = more reviews!


Sooooo, changing it up a bit and basically I shall no longer be using this blog solely for posting lists.  Instead, I figure that I can get far more mileage out of posting reviews for basically whatever I have been watching as of late.  It is not like I have stopped watching horror movies since the completion of my "100 Favorite Horror Films" last year and yeah, I have ranked up quite a few more to cross off my "to see" list.  Since this will go on and on until seemingly always, shit, I might as well throw my two-cents into the online pool of nerds talking about nerdy things.

I will primarily be focusing on film reviews, primarily again horror film reviews.  Yet I do occasionally like to see what Arnold and Sly are putting out, check out some "real movies" that I have been meaning to get to or re-watch again, and of course, I am not missing any major comic book movies that are hitting the screen.  So I shall break out of the horror stuff from time to time I am sure.  Of course more album lists and non-film stuff will creep its way on here before too long as well.  The long-short of it is that I am just going to post whatever I feel like on here and hopefully it is nerdy and silly enough for a few people to get a kick out of.

I do not really have a schedule to adhere to or any kind of scheme with how I will put all of this stuff on here.  Yet I do have a few ideas.  I am going to try and group my reviews into some categories as I am posting them, ala a couple of new films all at once, a couple of classics, some non-horror stuff, etc.  I do not really care for throwing out star ratings, so instead I will have some self -xplanatory, one-word ratings that should get the job done.  Optimistically I will not repeat myself too much or toss around too much hyperbole from review to review.  We shall see what happens though.  So as Heath Ledger would say, "And here...we...go..."

No comments:

Post a Comment